Home-Start is an independent charity and being a trustee is all about the governance of the charity. Could you help plan and oversee how Home-Start Northampton will support families in our community?
Trustees serve on the governing body (board) and are responsible for directing the management and administration of it.
You would have a wide range of duties and be collectively responsible for making the charity effective, providing overall strategic direction and maintaining sound management of funds.
Could you provide:
• general business management?
• financial and legal expertise?
• IT knowledge?
• human resources experience?
• PR & media skills?
• knowledge of family support issues in the community?
If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
In order to be a trustee volunteer, you will be required to:
• be able to give an average of five hours a month
• be available to attend an average of eight meetings a year
• undergo a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check at enhanced level
• undergo a selection process; via application form and interview
• commit to the legal and financial responsibilities of the role
If you would like more information or an informal chat about becoming a trustee please contact Bernie Barnes, Scheme Manager on 01604 627692.